In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice. Psalms 5:3
When you wake up in the morning, what’s the first thing you do? Grab your phone and scroll through Instagram? Check texts and emails? Check the news?
Those first 5 minutes can set the tone for your whole day. How do your choices during that time make you feel? Stressed? Anxious? Like you’re falling behind, even before you’re out of bed?
What if you invited God to speak into your day first? Tomorrow, before you do anything else:
1. Pray a simple prayer.
Maybe something like this:
2. Read or listen to Verse of the Day, noting anything that stands out.
We’ll use this verse as an example:
Examples of notes you might take:
– Who are my “one anothers”?
– Love comes from God
– I must “know God” to be able to truly love
3. Think about how you can apply what God shows you.
Here are some ideas for our example verse:
– Today, I should encourage a friend
– Could I join a group at my church and connect with other Jesus followers?
– Can I provide a meal for someone who’s going through a tough time?
4. To finish, pray again.
This time, ask God to help you with whatever He showed you today. For example:
Father, thank you for Your perfect love. Please show me ways I can begin to know You better. Help me love people the way You do. Please show me what You want me to do next. Thank you, Lord. Amen.
That’s it! You can use this same technique every day—with any passage of Scripture. Or, even better, subscribe to Verse of the Day, and every day the Bible App can help remind you to put God and His voice first.
The post Try Doing this for the First 5 Minutes of Every Day appeared first on YouVersion.